STUDENT LIFE, EQUITY, & ENGAGEMENT | SR CAMPUS
Events are an important part of Student Life at SRJC. Events often require support from multiple service areas on campus, and it is important to follow all processes and procedures to ensure a successful event.
Before you begin...
Hosting an event starts with these five steps:
- Step 1: Find a faculty or staff advisor that agrees to be present for the event (including set up and clean up), take on liability for the event, and assist event planners in working through every step of the approval process.
- Step 2: Download the Event Checklist and go through it with your faculty/staff advisor.
- Step 3: Complete and submit a Special Event application. Event applications must be submitted by least 3 weeks in advance of the event to be considered.
- Step 4: Attend the Events Workgroup or Events Walkthrough to answer questions from the Campus Services as needed.
- Step 5: Receive written approval from Cabinet / Senior Admin. Please be sure to incorporate any feedback from Cabinet or the Events Workgroup. Please wait for final approval before promoting and purchasing supplies for the event.
While waiting for approval, there are next steps that event planners can work on, should they choose, including funding proposals. Use the checklist to guide your planning. Collaborating makes the event more successful, but the Events Workgroup requests you select a single Lead Advisor to streamline communications and coordinatiEvent Planning Checklist
To ensure you have a safe, supported, and successful event, please carefully follow these important policies.
- advisor confirmation and approval is required; please make sure the faculty/staff advisor responds to any inquires;
- applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to event date, however, 4-6 weeks is preferred so that you have ample time to promote your event;
- applicants are asked to wait for approval before promoting or purchasing supplies for the event;
- events are approved on a first come first serve basis and space is limited.
From classes and certificates to technical training and award winning productions! Santa Rosa Junior College offers a vibrant program of instruction, performance and hands-on technical theatre opportunities, lead by expert faculty with an impressive range of theatrical experience.
SRJC athletics develops the student-athlete mentally and physically and challenges them to excel in all facets of life. We provide student-athletes the opportunity to compete in an intercollegiate program. As part of the overall mission of the college, intercollegiate athletics is designed to provide an environment that encourages personal growth, discipline, assertiveness, persistence, honesty, sensitivity to others, and emotional intelligence.
PETALUMA CINEMA SERIES
Join the Petaluma Cinema Series as we bringing the curriculum to life! Learn more about the ways our faculty and students work together to bring this cinematic event to our community...despite the many hurdles!