Hey clubs! This is a page for you. The information is pretty sparse at the moment, but the intention is to make this a one-stop-shop for any kind of club guide or resource you may need. This is a new page, so starting off there may be empty or blank sections, and to minimize miscommunication there may be times that a description is left fairly brief as we link to another page. Also, we're looking for communication as well -if this page is missing something, or if you would like to add something to the page please contact: Coordinator, Student Engagement, Joshua Pinaula at email@example.com
- PROMOTE YOUR CLUB
Getting the word out and recruiting members is an important part of any successful club. Consider creating a flyer in Canva and promoting in the following areas:
Create social media for your clubs and interact with other clubs on social media
Public posting and tabling
Attend a Student Government meeting and make an announcement during public comments
Talk with your teachers about making an announcement at the beginning or end of class
Attend SRJC events and spread the word
Attend meetings of other clubs and make an announcement
- RECRUIT MEMBERS
Getting the word out and recruiting new members is an important part of any successful club. There are multiple ways in which you can help recruit new members to your club.
- Post on the MySRJCApp.
- Create a flyer in Canva.
- Create social media accounts to help promote your club and interact with other clubs on social media.
- Submit your clubs flyer to Joshua Pinaula - firstname.lastname@example.org for submission in the BearFacts newsletter.
- Submit your flyers to ICC Advisor Joshua Pinaula - email@example.com for submission to the Student Life Social Media accounts.
- Attend SRJC events and spread the word.
- Ask your teachers if you can make an announcement at the beginning or end of class.
- Attend meetings of other clubs and make an announcement.
- Make an announcement during public comments at an ICC meeting to inform other clubs about the club you intend to start.
- Attend a Student Government meeting and make an announcement during public comments.
- Ask your advisor for help in promoting the club.
- GUIDE: FLYER AROUND CAMPUS
Posting physical flyers around campus is the responsibility of the Bertolini Information Desk. There are 14 posting areas on the Santa Rosa Campus. You can drop off 14 posters at the Bertolini information Desk, and our Student Ambassadors will post them for you.
- FREE PRINTING (B/W, 8.5x11)
To learn more, contact ICC Advisor Joshua Pinaula
- LARGE FORMAT PRINTING
The Student Life Office has a large format printer, and are taking steps figuring out the appropriate pricing. More details soon.
- BUTTON MAKER
Supplies have run out, and more have been ordered.
CLUBS, ICC, & SGA: 10¢ per button
DISTRICT DEPARTMENTS: 15¢ per button
HOSTING AN EVENT
Student events help bring the curriculum to life, provide important professional skills, and help to build a thriving student life at SRJC Student Life Event Application
- All clubs must complete the Student Life Event App when hosting an on campus event.
- Online events must A) use a santarosa.edu zoom link, B) have an advisor present, and C) have completed the Student Life Event App.
- If a club wishes to table in the quad or other campus spaces there is no need to complete Student Life Event App. The club needs to check in at the front desk in Student Life (Bertolini-1st Floor) where they can check out a table and some chairs.
- Clubs can meet in the library, classrooms and other campus spaces by special request.